VFG Cleaning Pellets .22 Bag 500
Whether your use your .22 gun for hunting or sport, cleaning and caring for the gun will help keep your gun accurate. Using these VFG cleaning pellets for gun barrel cleaning and ahead of the game. The bag of 500 felts are highly absorbent and are extremely useful for sweeping the rubbish out of your barrel after shooting. You need an adapter to screw onto the end of your .22 cleaning rod and then the felt screws onto the adapter. Can be used for mopping up all the oil and rubbish after a good scrub.
How the VFG Cleaning Pellets .22
These small felt screw-on VFG cleaning pellets, which are.22 calibre specific are used with the VFG Cleaning Rod to clean your barrel. The felts screw onto the cleaning rod tip and then passed down the barrel to give a smooth and effective clean.
Why use VFG Cleaning Pellets .22
When firing a .22 gun the bore will gain powder residues, metallic deposits and even corrosion over time. To assume that the gun will clean it self is wrong unless you are alright with the loss of accuracy when hunting or target shooting. If the accuracy of your .22 gun is important to you and its value you must be cleaned and preserved regularly.
Instructions on how to use VFG Barrel Cleaning Felts for .22:
- Take Adapter and screw this onto VFG Cleaning rod.
- Screw a VFG cleaning pellet onto the coarse thread of the adapter.
- Push the adapter with the two felts carefully through the barrel from the breech end and out of the muzzle. The special felts compress into the rifling and follow it exactly. The forward pellet removes the fouling out of the muzzle and by pulling back the rod, the dirty pellet drops off the metric thread, leaving the screwed pellet to polish the barrel by pushing the rod backwards and forwards.
- If the barrel is to be oiled, screw VFG Rifle Cleaner onto the adapter, soak this thoroughly with weapon oil and repeatedly move it back and forth in the barrel.
- To remove the oil repeat steps 1 – 3.
- In order to remove rubbed off metal, please use Super Intensive Cleaners.