This Opticron GS 665 GA ED spotting scope is for target shooters and birdwatchers that want the perfect balance between weight and high optical performance.
- High definition images with a 66.5mm lens.
- Fog resistant with a nitrogen gas-filled body.
- 100% waterproofing.
- Great for outdoor use with its full body natural rubber and integrated rubber objective lens cap.
- Compatible with Opticron SDL, HDF and HR Eyepieces and Telephoto adapters for capturing wildlife at its best.
The Opticron GS 665 GA ED spotting scope has a 66.5mm object lens and a 25X wide angle High Definition lens. The thing I like is the split focusing knob: one part is normal focusing and the knob on the end is for fine focusing so you don’t mess about winding backwards and forwards trying to get it in focus. There is a swivelling fixing ring which locks into whichever position you like and the whole scope has a rubberised protective coating. The whole scope is also very light as it only weighs about 1.2Kg including the eyepiece lens. This scope is the same model as the Opticron GS 665 GA ED spotting scope but has the ED lens which gives a considerable improvement in clarity.
The relatively low focal length to aperture ratios means the Opticron GS 665 GA ED spotting scope is an excellent choice for combining viewing and digiscoping with the HDF T 18xWW, 25xWW and 16-48x Zoom eyepieces.
Key features of the Opticron GS 665 GA ED spotting scope include:
- 1,053g lightweight.
- A high quality fully multi-coated optical system with ED (extra-low dispersion glass) element objective lens.
- Superior light transmission derived from the 66.5mm objective lens.
- Built-in 9:1 ratio fine focus adjustment for greater focusing accuracy at higher magnification settings.
- Large footprint tripod sleeve with -/+ 90 degrees each-way rotation and 45-degree incremental ‘stops’.
- Retractable lens hood.
Opticron GS 665 GA ED spotting scope specifications are:
- OG Diameter: 66.5mm.
- Minimum Focus: 3.8m.
- Length: 326mm.
- Weight: 1,053g.